Sunday, September 18, 2016

WellieWisher makes........

I made two outfits for Willa the Wellie Wisher doll belonging to my granddaughter.  

Those of you who are observant will notice it's not Willa modeling the outfits below. It's Camille who lives with grandma. Yes.....grandma bought a Wellie Wisher to fit the clothes on. It's so much easier to have the doll there when you are making doll clothes.

The first outfit is an amalgamation of a free skirt pattern called the Four Seasons Skirt ...the link is at the bottom of this post. I made a few changes in construction because I was using denim but otherwise it turned out very well.

The top is called the Popsicle Top by Pixie Faire on Etsy. It went together very well as her patterns are professionally done. I wish I had made it a bit longer so it covered the elastic in the skirt...next time:) The hat is a pattern from Farmcookies on Etsy.


I'll be honest. I'm not in love with the hat. The lining is the same size as the outside hat so it doesn't settle very well. It's too loose. I've had a think about it and will make it differently next time. I added a lady bug button to the hat brim to match the lady bugs on Willa's wellies.


The second outfit is from a pattern called Love U Bunches Polka Party Dot Dress from Pixie Faire on Etsy. I was impressed with the quality of the pattern. The pieces fit together perfectly. One thing though if you are making doll clothes.... or even cloth dolls...invest in some hemostats. They are invaluable. The top half of the dress is self lined so you have to pull the dress through the narrow shoulders to get it right side out. Not a feat done without such a tool.

This dress was pronounced as being adorable by GD and her mum.
I asked the GD what her favourite colours are. At first she said pink and then very quickly changed her mind. She liked yellow and ...cringe....neon orange. Hmmm. I don't have much in my stash of either of those colours. Rats.

So back to the sewing machine to see what I can devise:)

Here are some free Wellie Wisher patterns that I found on the internet.

Garden Party Dress

Geometry Class Dress

Four Season Skirt

Play Date Pants

Trendy T-shirt 

Take care:) 

4 comments:

  1. Cute doll and gorgeous outfits. How tall is she? I've not heard of the doll but then again, my granddaughters are only 2 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll clothes are lovely. Bet your granddaughter is thrilled. I've made a lot of doll clothes in my days, but that was, uhh, at least 40 years ago. OMGOSH, did I just calculate that right?!?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're wonderful and I love the ladybug on the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Grandma had a great time sewing these dresses. The outfits are adorable. I'm sure your granddaughter will love them. The hat looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/